I believe that if you’re going to treat yourself, you can nourish yourself at the same time — so this year I’m putting a whole food spin on traditional holiday sweets. These are my kind of treats — the ones you feel really good about indulging in (sometimes I even have them with my morning coffee!). Next time you’re looking for a quick, no-bake, holiday party treat, try my Dark Chocolate Raspberry Energy Bites! They’re a healthier alternative to traditional holiday truffles or rich, chocolate-based desserts. They’re also vegan and free of gluten and refined sugar — perfect for parties where guests have food sensitivities and allergies. You can whip these festive little bites up in just 10 minutes, and keep them on-hand for last-minute guests, holiday gatherings, or all for yourself!
I love having these energy bites in my kitchen — I enjoy them both as a healthy snack, and anytime I need a little something sweet after a meal. Even though they taste decadent, they’re brimming with amazing, nourishing ingredients like nuts, coconut, fresh raspberries and antioxidant-rich cocoa. And, I bet you have most (if not all) of these ingredients in your holiday pantry already!
All you need is a food processor, Vitamix (or similar), or some strong chopping arms to whip these energy bites up in about 10 minutes.
Serve them with some fresh raspberries and holly bauls as garnish for an extra festive touch.
DARK CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY ENERGY BITES
Yield: 2 cups (or approximately 24 bites)
• 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
• 1/2 cup cashews
• 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut
• 1/3 cup cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup pure whole grain quick oat flakes
• 1 tsp instant coffee
• 4 medjool dates
• 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp pure Madagascar vanilla extract
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1) Wash raspberries and chop medjool dates.
2) Combine all ingredients in a food processor, Vitamix or similar. Pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth and combined.
3) Now, take about 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll it in-between the palms of your hands until a ball is formed.
4) Then, sprinkle some shredded coconut onto a small saucer. Begin rolling bites in the shredded coconut until coated. Then, pick the coconut covered bites up and roll them around in-between the palms of your hands to embed the coconut into the surface.
5) Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Store refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
What are your favourite healthier holiday treats? I’ve been eating these little guys non-stop, and everyone seems to really enjoy the recipe. If you end up whipping these up, please let me know how you like them! I’d love it if you tag me on social media or use the hashtag #justinecelinarecipes in your recreations. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
This recipe is featured in a guest post that I wrote for the Food Bloggers of Canada about throwing a New Years Eve Party on a budget. If you’re curious about how I pulled the decor for this party together for under $100, head over there to read more!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, and contains my genuine thoughts and recommendations. JustineCelina uses affiliate and referral links, which allow me to receive a small commission when you make a purchase through one of my links. Your purchases help to support JustineCelina.com!