Sangria has been my summer beverage of choice for as long as I can remember, so over the years my friends and I have perfected the recipe! Our White Citrus Sangria is a crisp and refreshing white wine-based drink that’s perfect for summer parties, backyard barbeques, or even camping. This sangria is really easy to drink (maybe a little too easy!) and people who don’t drink wine usually like it, too. It’s a crowd-pleasing recipe that’s fun to make with friends, so next time you’re entertaining, try it out — it always gets the party started!
WHITE CITRUS SANGRIA
(Makes enough for a good party! But if you’re hosting 8+, double this recipe.)
• 2 bottles of White Wine (citrus-based, dry whites like Sauvignon Blanc or Vino Verde work best)
• 1 bottle of Peach Schnapps (500 ml)
• 1 can of Aranciata Rossa (Blood Orange) San Pellegrino
• 1 can of Aranciata (Orange) San Pellegrino
(Note: I also like Limonita (Lemon) or Pomello (Grapefruit) San Pellegrino in this recipe!)
• 2 cans of Soda Water
• 1 Grapefruit
• 1 Orange
• 1 Lemon
• 1 Lime
Note: We usually split ingredients between everyone who’ll be drinking the sangria — one person brings wine, one person brings schnapps, and one person brings mix and fruit, etc.
1. Add white wine and peach schnapps to a large beverage dispenser.
2. Add San Pellegrino, then soda water. We like our sangria not too sweet, but if you prefer sweeter drinks you may want to add more San Pellegrino and less soda water. Make sure to taste (and stir) as you go!
3. Slice and squeeze 1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 lime into the mixture, reserving a few slices to float on top. We like ours pretty citrus-y, but again, if you prefer sweeter drinks you may want to add more orange and less grapefruit, lemon and lime.
4. Pour the sangria into wine glasses, add a fun straw, and garnish with a slice of citrus. Enjoy!
Note: If you have leftover sangria (which doesn’t happen often), you can totally freeze it! Then, when you want to drink it, just allow it to unthaw about about 30 minutes — it’s delicious as a slush.
What are your favourite summertime drinks? I also love a good Mojito, or Tuscan Mule! If you try my White Citrus Sangria, let me know how you like it in the comments or tag me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Use the hashtag #justinecelinarecipes in your recreations on social media so I can find them!
Thanks to the Haraburdas for hosting a super fun barbeque and letting me take over their beer pong table to shoot the images for this post! And thanks to Feed Feed for featuring this recipe in their Sangria Feed. If you love sangria, check out the other recipe in the feed, they look delicious!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, and contains my genuine thoughts and recommendations. JustineCelina uses affiliate and referral links, which allow me to receive a small commission when you make a purchase through one of my links. Your purchases help to support JustineCelina.com!